Company: Beyond Design, Inc.
Beyond Design, Inc. is a full-service design consultancy for consumer product clients located in Chicago, IL. We have a 3-6 month opening for an enthusiastic individual who is seeking to gain experience and credibility as a product designer.
As a design intern at Beyond Design, Inc. you will be working with our talented design team to assist in research and participating in our Strategic Design Process (SDP) where you will learn different brainstorming techniques. As a design intern you will develop concept sketches along with storyboards to illustrate features, benefits and product definition. 3D CAD skills using SolidWorks along with the full Adobe Suites software package will be used as part of your tool set. Candidates must be able quick learners with a strong ability to articulate their solutions as well as being a team player.
- Beyond is an environment where people support each other fully
- While working at Beyond, everyone is encouraged to grow personally and professionally
- At Beyond, we consistently provide fresh, clever and unexpected solutions with surprise and delight to our clients
- We understand materials and manufacturing processes and deliver finished engineered solutions
- Beyond is a diverse team that has strong conviction for establishing brand identity with aesthetic sensitivity yet an understanding of business and marketing
- Our team has the ability to quickly synthesize inputs and drive toward appropriate solutions
- We are comfortable sharing unconventional thoughts and opinions
- Beyond Design prides itself on hiring the best of the best and being the best of the best
- The Beyond team is humble and truly believes in supporting our client needs
- Beyond has a unique culture that is based on Honesty, Reliability, Talent and Respect
- You are into the details with a strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices
- You are a visual problem solver-you dissect complex information to simplify and abstract it for easier audience digestion
- You enjoy conducting research and analyzing problems and then coming up with solutions to make things better
- You clearly articulate your design approach and rationale behind proposed design solutions
- You have strong intrapersonal skills and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- You are a self-starter and can-do attitude
- You love to share your experiences and knowledge
- You enjoy multi-tasking and working in a fast-pace environment
What To Expect:
- You will work on a variety of projects to support the design staff at Beyond Design, Inc.
- You will work on Wacom Cintiq tablets to create concept illustrations and presentation layouts
- You will take part in Client brainstorm meetings
- You will construct volumetric models and conduct ergonomics & functionality
- You will explore designs in CAD (SolidWorks)
- You will be responsible for documenting projects with video and photography
- You will be assigned a special project to complete before the end of the internship
- Must be willing to work for 3-months, 6-months or 12-months
- Must be returning back to school (it does not matter if it’s high school, undergrad or graduate school)
- Must be inquisitive and enjoys conducting research
- Must be a visual thinker and problem solver who is open to sharing ideas
- Must have strong attention to aesthetics
- Must have exceptional communication and storytelling skills
- Must have basic skills in Adobe Creative Suites and 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Must bring something interesting and new to Beyond
Apply via email to: email@example.com
*Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply*
Please submit your answer to the following questions: What is your favorite toy and why? What would you change to make it even better? Please also submit your resume along with portfolio sample saved as a single PDF document no larger than 5mb. Please include links to websites and other interactive samples. All submission will be kept confidential. Submissions without portfolio samples will not be considered.
All information should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org